Funny Bugs/ Giggle Worms
Activities in Funny Bugs include:
- Socialisation activities teach children how to function in a group, listen and follow directions, communicate with others, share, and take turns.
- Activities focused on emotional development build comfort in a group and help children deal with success and failure.
- “Circuit” format ensures continual movement and minimizes waiting.
- More challenging, developmentally appropriate gymnastics skills
- “Free play and exploration” are incorporated into the learning time on the gymnastics equipment.
- Children learn and perform gymnastics routines for the parents during Show Week.
Activities in Giggle Worms include:
- Tumbling skills, preceded by locomotor movements, are introduced and mastered
- Multiple skills are taught simultaneously, reinforcing the children’s ability to handle more complex directions.
- More challenging gymnastics skills help children become stronger, more agile, more coordinated, and more self-confident.